I love blogging so much, but sometimes I want to cry when I look at my stats and I feel as though I am pretty much the only person in cyberland reading my posts, unless I am honored by the lovely comments you give my posts. Being a new blogger, it is hard to not get discouraged that you don’t go viral after your first month of blogging. Who knew, right?
However….. drum roll please….. I have been honored with an blogging award. Thank you Mama, Schmama! You made my day!
You have honored me with a Liebster Award! Sweet! So in order to accept this award, I need to do the following. And those of you who I nominated, you will need to do these as well to accept your award.
List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers to nominate.
- Visit each bloggers page and tell them about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
- No track backs
Ok, so here it goes!
11 facts about myself:
- I married my high school sweet heart.
- At one point in my life, I had 2 moms, 2 dads, and 4 sets of living grandparents.
- In another life, I was a hip hop dancer (but that is only when no one is watching).
- I am actually a belly dancer.
- I have never spanked my children and never will.
- I used to smoke weed every day of my life from the age 17-21.
- I have run 3-4 businesses in my life. All but one has not been successful. However I have learned SOOO much from each one.
- I love all Twilight and Trueblood related footage. Sorry to say, but Trueblood is like soft porn for women. But because it is on HBO, it is socially acceptable.
- I have a sister who is bipolar and an on and off again drug addict (off right now).
- I have anxiety issues.
- I practice Positive Discipline (or at least that is the goal).
Answer 11 questions about myself.
- If you were to meet your online friends in person, how would you behave?
If I met my online friends in person, I would pretty much act the same caddy self as I am online. I have no filter in person and talk a lot of smack.
- What responsibility do you have that you tend to neglect?
I hate laundry. HATE IT! I will put a load in the washer, forget it, and 2 days later check on it and it smells like mildew. So then I need to wash it again on hot and start all over. I also will have a mountain of laundry on the love seat that will live there for weeks before it actually makes its way to drawers folded.
- What is one thing everyone should see at least once in their life?
When I first read this, I thought it said, the one thing everyone should see ME do at least once in their life. So I am going to answer it like that. Opps.
I am a belly dancer. I have danced for about 10 years (on and off). I have taken a little break since having my son. But I am actually getting back into it and found a new class to take that is right up the street from where I live. Dancing is the one thing I do with my belly showing and just own it! I think I look beautiful with all the back flab and everything! You will never see me on the beach in a granny suit with that much confidence.
- Name one blog insecurity that you have and contrast that with one source of blog pride.
Even though I blog anonymously and none of my family knows my blog name, I still am nervous about if I talk too much shit about them. And I would LOVE to talk shit about my husband, but he sometimes visits the blog, so you know… that may cause some counselling sessions right there.
- If you could fix one, just one world problem, what would it be?
Really? That is so hard to answer. I feel like I am in a beauty pageant and need to talk about world peace and shit! Ok… here it goes. I would probably make equal rights for all!
- Right or left handed?
Right handed, duh!
- What was your 8 year old self 100% right about?
That I am always right!
- What famous person would make you totally freak out about if they started following your blog?
Ok, this is bad, but I am a sucker for a sparkling vamp. Coincidentally, I love Robert Pattinson. So if he followed my blog, I would be stoked. However, he has no kids, not married, and could basically give a shit about anything I have to say… But who cares. I still love him to death!
- Draw a picture of a nose. Include that in your post. Yeah, that’s right. I want to see how you draw noses.
No thanks! Sorry, can I still keep my award?
- What did you like better- elementary school, high school, or college?
Jr high school rocked my world. I was a big fish in a small pond. Super popular, student council, sports, boyfriend, etc. Then I went to high school. Met my boyfriend (who is now my husband), turned goth, smoked clove cigarettes and hated everyone. So yeah, high school sucked balls!
- Since liebster means dearest or favorite…what is one favorite belief or piece of advice you have?
Sing!!! Even if you have the most horrible voice ever! Sing your heart out. And you don’t have to sing in front of people. It can be in your car alone. But when you sing, you can release so much built up emotions, anger, happiness, etc. It just feels really good!
Ok, 11 bloggers, here you go! You are wonderful and I love ya!
(I am sorry if you already have this award)
- The Bug and Me
- Crazy Owl Imaginings
- Motherhood is an Art
- Sandy Toes Creations
- Everyday Parenting Canada
- The Adventure of a Life
- Reluctant Daddio
- Can I Get Another Bottle of Wine
Phew…. Ok this is what I got for now!
11 Questions for nominated bloggers:
- Why do you blog?
- What animal best describes your personality
- Veggi or meat? And why?
- Reality TV or Drama TV?
- How will you prepare for a zombie apocalypse?
- Favorite music genre?
- How many brothers and sisters did you have and where were you in the line of the mix. (first born, middle, etc?)
- If you could travel to one place in the entire world, where would it be?
- What does your blog name mean to you?
- Johnny Depp or Will Smith and why?
- What is your ideal date night activity?